Friday, March 27, 2009

Can it happen?

So, none of you (if there is anyone out there) know me or anything about my life. Forgive me if I forget this.
So, before I get to my point, a little history...
When I was 11 I was kidnapped and raped. Maybe someday I'll write more about that experience but for now let's just say; it happened, I lived through it, I try not to let it effect my life whenever that's possible. I said that to tell you this, I may not be able to have children because of that. It's a long story that few people know, let's just say that the trauma of that is enough to scar a child more than emotionally.
When I was 15 I got Toxic Shock Syndrome. The ladies out there know what I'm talking about. The reason you get that little package of tiny print with your tampons that no one reads. Well read it.. I never misused tampons but somehow through a tiny tear in my uterine wall the bacteria nested and spead. I thought I had the flu for weeks any my regular doctor thought the same. I went to the hospital when I woke up bleeding heavily, and boy do I mean heavily. They put me on antibiotics but it still scarred my utereus.
I've been having sex with Dan for several months without being on birth control or using condoms (yes, we've both been tested). It hasn't happened, I didn't think it could after so many doctors saying nothing but "No, maybe not ever."
It's been 37 days since my last period. I've been feeling sick, not like a stomach virus, but some weird feeling I've never experienced. My chest is tender. I'm tired a lot. I seem to have gained weight (What? No, it's not from all the soda and candy. How dare you think that?!)
So now I'm forced to wonder. I know that I'm young but Dan and I both want this so badly. But can we do it even if I am?
We're pooling every last dime to move back to Alabama where I might feel at home for the first time in 6 months. Where he feels relaxed for the first time in 29 years. We're still stressing about find a car and apartment and jobs in this economy.
Now, holding my breath and not knowing what outcome to wish for, I truly am a chick in the middle.
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment