Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lonely

I have no right to complain. I have a boyfriend/fiancee who loves me very much. He won't let me go to work on the subway alone. He protects me and cares for me. His parents took me in like I was their own. They welcomed me with open arms and never once made me feel like anything except a part of their family, their daughter. The people that I work with are fun. We joke and we laugh and it passes the time. My family loves me and I call and write them. I can talk to them anytime even though they're so far away.
I feel so guilty saying this, but at the end of the day I'm lonely. I have Dan right beside me and so many people at the touch of a button; but I don't have a girl friend. One girl that I can call up and go to the mall with. Go out and see a movie that we both know will be rubish. I want so badly a close friendship like that and the worst part is, I don't know where to look. Most of the people that I work with are guys, and I don't do much besides work and go home.
I live in this big city for once in my life, and I'm not taking advantage of it. I don't go out and go sightseeing. I don't go to museums or aquariums as much as I love both and I don't know why.
I don't mean to complain, I have no reason to, but I'm lonely...

2 comments:

  1. Oh! :( My best girl friend (the chick I used to just call up all spontaneous like to do things) is in another country, and has been the last two years or so.

    My current spontaneous friend is actually a guy. He's great for gossiping, and is an excellent soundboard, and is great for getting me to do things (like zoo tours or whatever).

    I'm sorry your lonely :( When my bff moved to Australia, we'd talk every day online and send articles and whatever. I found an article that says it takes two YEARS to build up a secure social network like the on you grew up with, two years IF you join sport or interest clubs and make the effort. Maybe you could join a sports club, or something? Playing hockey really helped my friend out . . . maybe it'll help you out too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your suggestions, and for being the first person to ever comment. You have no idea how nice it is to know that someone, somewhere is reading.
    I really do want to join clubs and things but working third shift it's so hard ya know? (Probably not..)
    Hopefully before two years are up I'll be back where I belong in the heart of Dixie, but we'll see where the road leads. Thanks again Elly.

    ReplyDelete