Saturday, April 18, 2009

Help?

So it's April 19. Let me say that again, NINETEENTH. That's really really super late. Okay, sorry about that. I'm having what I prefer to call a minor breakdown. Maybe it's my fault for not keeping track of my cycles. I never really have even though I know I really should. I know that I had a period sometime after Febuary 17 and before the 28th. That week in there somewhere. I don't remember how long it lasted or if it was a normal cycle. I don't remember thinking it wasn't, so I'm guessing it was. So that leaves all of March and now 19 days of April with no period. Nada, none, not even a little. I'm in the process of getting a doctor and making an appointment for a blood test. But I'm nervous. I know what they're going to ask...
"When was your last cycle?"
"Was it normal?"
"Do you normally skip cycles?"
I DON'T KNOW. I just don't know.
I'm absolutely terrified. I don't want to go get another home test because two of those came back negative. I don't want to think that I am with my whole mind, because I don't want to be disappointed. I don't want Dan to get his hopes up too high, because I don't want him to be disappointed either. I don't want to have to worry about work and what if I can't if I'm pregnant. I don't want to have to worry about how we're going to afford a baby on one income.
I love babies, but I know next to nothing about how I'd raise one. I love the idea of breastfeeding. I love the idea of babywearing. I love the idea of a water birth. I just don't know. I've wanted a baby my whole life and now that it's a possibility I'm scared to death.
Please, anyone who may be reading this, help.
I don't know how, I don't know what I need, I just need help (And I don't ask for it often..).
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Oh chicka . . . don't count your chickens before they have hatched! Go see the doctor, and get a blood test. There is no point stressing about breast feeding and water births until you know for sure, right?

    Just be brave, chin up and figure out whats going on with your body before you start jumping to conclusions. You never know, you could just be really stressed out which is causing you to be super late.

    Hope you figure out whats going on soon! x

    ReplyDelete